Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My China and Japan trip




I'm on my way back home and on this 13 hour flight, I have no excuse to not write about my trip.  It was wonderful. I loved seeing my family after 5 years.  As I said previously, I was terrified of the food and my approach to the cuisine.  In Japan, I was only there for two nights and barely
a morning because it was a connection flight, but I allowed myself to enjoy my favorite japanese food because I wouldn't be able to easily access or enjoy it as much in America.  So, yes, I did have rice :). Not too much though, but I had to eat my favorite unigiri, which is just a rice ball with many varieties.  Of course sashimi was on my plate and other traditional treats I missed.  So, Japan wasn't too hard, but china.... 


Chinese food is often cooked with LOTS of oil and salt and oil.... I dabbed each bite onto a tissue and it was still so oily.  However, I was so lucky.  We were always treated by family members and other friends for dinners at extrememly high quality and class restaurants with expensive , exquisite dishes.  I did have stomach issues as usual because of the oil, but I drank more water than usual, so I flushed out the toxins and salt!  That's one tip I truly recommend.  I was also blessed with 6 other aunts who cook very well to my preferences!  I basically asked for meat and veggies!!  I didn't eat one grain of rice or one dumpling or other traditional Chinese "Zhu Shi" which is just wheat/pastry including noodles, dumplings, bread, bao zi, rice, etc.  I didn't miss that kind of stuff and I wanted to indulge in the things I truly like eating in china, like the fruits nonexistent in America, or the vegetables!!  Almost every morning and night, I made sure I included some workout.  I either did a set of jump squats or planks.  Also, we did a lot of walking to get to places.  


As of right now, I'm not bloated anymore. I was tremendously bloated and in pain for the first week. I constantly had gas(sorry TMI), stomach discomfort, and slow digestion.  The second week, I didn't eat as much as I did in the first week.  My family though, thought it was SO odd and unhealthy that I don't eat grains and wheat.  I just tried to tell them my reasons and stuck to my own diet preferences that work for me!  

I am glad to be on my way home, and I am planning to do the 21 day sugar detox once again and/or whole30. I need a major detox from the food and the pollution! I am excited to get back on my health and fitness grind too. I feel like I can't lift weights anymore haha.  

Here are some pictures of the food I ate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment